The recreational cannabis market has exploded in recent years. Enthusiasts are no longer limited to joints or bong hits. There are other products on the market—like tinctures or edibles, which you can consume orally.
These offer alternatives to inhalation, so users don’t have to worry about any impact on their lungs. Below, we’ll go over the methods of oral consumption to help you decide which one is best for you.
Cannabis tinctures are liquid products. Solvents pull cannabinoids, terpenes, and other beneficial compounds from cannabis plant material.
What Are the Ways to Consume Cannabis Tinctures?
You can take tinctures orally in one of two ways:
- Sublingual application. Place your dose under your tongue. The cannabinoids absorb through the thin layer of skin and directly into your bloodstream.
- Swallowing your dose. Drop the liquid in your mouth, or add it to a food or drink.
How Long Does It Take to Feel the Effects of Cannabis Tinctures?
When you take your dose sublingually, you’ll feel the effects quickly, typically in about 15 to 30 minutes. If you swallow a tincture, it can take up to an hour or two before you feel the effects.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Using Tinctures?
- Easy to dose
- Fast-acting effects, when consumed sublingually
- Longer shelf-life than flowers or edibles
- Low calorie
- Can take up to an hour or more to feel anything, when swallowed
- May taste funny
- Shorter duration of effects, when consumed sublingually
Why Should You Use Tinctures?
Tinctures are a convenient way to consume cannabis. You don’t have to worry about smoking or eating anything.
Edibles are cannabis-infused foods and beverages. When out of their packaging, they look just like any other cookie, gummy, or sparkling water.
What Are the Types of Cannabis Edibles?
Some of the most popular edibles include:
- Baked goods, such as brownies or cookies
- Hard candies
- Flavored water
- Sparkling water
How Long Does It Take to Feel the Effects of Cannabis Edibles?
Edibles do take longer than other methods of cannabis consumption to take effect. The cannabinoids must travel through your digestive system and get processed by your liver before entering your bloodstream. It can take an hour or two before you feel anything.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Using Edibles?
- Easy to dose
- Effects last longer than other methods of consumption
- Discreet and convenient
- Flavors to suit all tastes
- Wide range of products to choose from
- Can be mistaken for a regular food item
- Can take up to two hours to feel the effects
- Some options can be high in calories, like baked treats
Why Should You Use Edibles?
While edibles take longer to kick in, they’re excellent for those looking for longer-lasting relief. They’re also great for those looking for something discreet, easy to dose in public, and delicious.
Where to Find the Best Tinctures or Edibles
Are you looking for tinctures or edibles? Diego Pellicer carries a range of recreational cannabis products in Colorado, from the highest-quality tinctures to the best edibles deals in Denver. With baked goods, gummies, candies, tinctures, and more, you’re sure to find something you love.
Visit our website today to place your order for pickup from our Denver dispensary.